Consular services - Last modified: 21 October 2009
All applications and enquiries about consular assistance, registration of births, deaths and marriages, consular registration, passport, and identity cards are dealt with by the Algerian Consulate. If you need a service that is not mentioned above, please contact us directly so we can assist you.
With effect from November 22nd 2005 and due to the high number of bounced cheques, the Consulate does not accept anymore payment by cheques. All applications accompanied by cheques will not be proceeded.
T:020 7589 6885
F:020 7589 7725
1. Be advised that proof of identification (Algerian passport, National identity card, Registration card or a Military card with a photograph) is required when applying for services provided by the Consulate. Birth certificates, Driving license or credit cards are not considered as proof of identity or of Algerian nationality.
Foreign documents cannot be taken into account as a proof of identity.
2. Plane tickets and/or bookings are of no relevance to the Consulate when processing applications
3. We regret that we no longer accept payment by cheque. All payments should be made in cash or by postal order.
4. Applications made by post should contain a self-addressed pre-paid special delivery envelope for the return of your documents.
5. The Algerian Consulate is not responsible for any documents lost or destroyed in the post.
6. All Application forms and information sheets now require Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.5 or higher, click on the "Get Adobe Reader" icon below to download a copy.