Notice: Applying for a passport for the first time at the Consulate is subject to prior consular registration.
Please provide the following documents when applying for a new passport:
1- One Application form 2. Previous passport
3- Four (4 similar) recent passport-sized photographs
4- Proof of employment
5- Copy of proof of residency document in the form of (Home Office sticker or stamp) British, Irish or European Economic Area passport.
6- Fees: £47 (to be paid cash or by postal order. For applications sent by post, we advise to use Postal Order)
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport: If a passport is lost, damaged or stolen, you must report it immediately at your local police station and to the Algerian Consulate, where you can apply for a new passport.
The replacement passport is issued after cancellation of the lost, damaged or stolen one. This process can take several months'
1. Lost property form issued by your local police station.
2. Application form 3. Declaration of loss of passport 4. Fees: £7 (to be paid cash or by postal order. For applications sent by post, we advise to use Postal Order) 5. You are also advised that an additional fee of £47 as a penalty is required for lost, damaged or stolen passports. A stamped receipt is issued to the applicant to confirm the payment of this tax
Click here to check the status of your passport application. We currently update this database on a regular basis, please check regularly.
Please use the application reference number shown on your acknowledgment receipt or your Registration number to check the progress of your application, as we do not publish names or addresses on this web site.
Passport for Kids
A minor is entitled to an individual passport at any age. His name and photo can also be put on the parents' Algerian passports.
However after the age of 15, the name and photo of a minor cannot be added on his parents' passports. The issuing of a passport to a minor is subject to a written authorisation by the father.
- For an individual passport, you need to provide the following:
1. Passport Application Form
2. Parental Authorisation Application Form.
3. Copy of the father's Identity Document (Consular Card or Passport).
4. Copy of a Full Birth Certificate of the minor or the parents' Family book
5. Four (4) similar passport sized photographs for an individual passport
6. Previous passport, if any.
7. Passport Fees (£47)
- If adding the Kid's name and photo on the parent passport, you need to provide the following:
1- Parental Authorisation Application Form
2- Two similar photographs
3- Copy of a Full Birth Certificate of the minor or the parents' Family Book
General Notice - Passport Renewal and Extension
1. If you are already registered at the consulate, you can apply for:
The renewal of your passport, or
The extension of the previous passport
2. Initial issue of passport by the Algerian Consulate is done as soon as the registration process is gone through.
3. Renewal or extension of the passports takes a few days depending on the number of applications already being processed. Every effort is made to reduce the processing time and ensure that the passport is renewed on the same day.
4. Applications for the renewal or extension of passport can be made 6 months before the expiry date of the current passport.
5. Regardless the expiry date of the current passport, applications for renewal can be made if the passport does not contain any plain (Blank) pages.
6. Applications for early renewal or extension of passport when applying for a long validity foreign visa (Shengen Visa for example) cannot be considered.
Please provide the following documents when applying for an ID card:
1. Application form
2. Three (3 similar) recent passport-sized photographs
3. Previous Identity Card
4. Fees: £14
1. Identity Cards are valid for 10 years from the date of issue.
2. The presence of the applicant at the consulate for collection of ID Card is required